Rawley has been all about the crying when it's time for bed. Usually you can put him down in his crib, he would stir around silently for a bit then will dose off. This week you try to put him down for his nap (or especially bed time) and all hell breaks loose. He will cry and through an absolute fit that leads to crying so hard he loses his breath to then throwing up all over me. Nice.
I'm kind of at a loss right now and my patience is seriously being tested right now. I'm not sure if it's teething or truly separation anxiety. Maybe a combo of both? Who knows, I just hope it ends soon. I never really had to do sleep training on him, I'm wondering if I need to start now or just let it ride it's course?
Sunday was spent pretty much relaxing and going for a family walk in the am. Rawley pretty much just played with his toys and discovered the new work bench he got for Christmas from Gpa and Babushka, he loves it :0) Rawley and I were just taking some self portraits with the camera and I told Rawley to smile and his face busted out the way it is in the middle picture. He is so animated, I love it. Then I told him he was silly and he just laughed in the next one. I love that kid!

Monday was another lazy day and it was nice. Before Ryan left to go run some errands he was kind enough to get Rawley dressed and changed for me...this is how Rawley came out. Both shoes and socks were 2 sizes too big for him with unmatching shorts and onsie. Great job Dad! I used this lazy day to get our floors a much needed steam clean. I also rearranged our living to make Rawley his own designaed play space. He loved it and it actually feels more cozy in our living room with the new arrangement. While we were getting dinner ready the boys were watching the Rose Bowl and then we ended the evening with a fun bath. Tomorrow Rawley goes in for his 9 month well-check, poor boy has to get shots again :(

Today we went in for Rawley's 9 month well check. He loves Dr. Jackson! Since his appointment was during nap time and he had to get a shot, he was extra tired and took a stellar nap of 3 hours! I decided to do my C25k - W1D2. Time is still pretty lousy, but it's better than last time. Keep the eye on the prize! After his nap we just played and I tried to have him walk with his walker...he still needs a lot of practice ;)

Tuesday night it took Rawley a freakin' hour to go to sleep...that was an hour of straight non-stop crying. I don't know if it was shot related, teething or just being over-tired but he has never done that before and it was exhausting. He ended up sleeping through the night until about 6 am today. After of only an hour being awake he wanted to go back down again and this kid slept for 4 HOURS. Yes, 4 hours! Can you believe it? I can't. It's never happened before. And it's actually happening again as I type this...30 minutes in already. Anyway, once he was finally up we had lunch and went for a little afternoon stroll. I think he was bored ;0) Wish us luck tonight!

Thursday was a busy one. Rawley again took 45 minutes to go down to sleep the night before and we woke up nice and early too. Once he finally went down for his morning nap I decided to go run while I had a chance. Just completed W1D3 from the Couch 2 5k Program, I'm excited to be moving on to a new week. It was a warm beautiful day today so Rawley and I went to the park to go play with our little friend Haven. Once they went home, Rawley and I hung out in the grass on a blanket eating snacks, passing the football and snapping some pictures. He was so content and relaxed. It was perfect. After hanging for a couple of hours we came home and played some more!

It's been a pretty rough week around here, so glad it's Friday! Rawley is still having some sleep issues so we have been getting up pretty early in the morning unforunately. We went for a little walk today to soak up the beautiful warm sunshine and just played with some new toys we got for Christmas. Rawley had a difficult afternoon nap too (he has always been a great sleeper so these sudden sleep episodes are beyond me). So he was very tired when it came to bedtime that he was resting on his exersaucer while eating some puffs...that never happens.
How was your week?
Monday was another lazy day and it was nice. Before Ryan left to go run some errands he was kind enough to get Rawley dressed and changed for me...this is how Rawley came out. Both shoes and socks were 2 sizes too big for him with unmatching shorts and onsie. Great job Dad! I used this lazy day to get our floors a much needed steam clean. I also rearranged our living to make Rawley his own designaed play space. He loved it and it actually feels more cozy in our living room with the new arrangement. While we were getting dinner ready the boys were watching the Rose Bowl and then we ended the evening with a fun bath. Tomorrow Rawley goes in for his 9 month well-check, poor boy has to get shots again :(
Today we went in for Rawley's 9 month well check. He loves Dr. Jackson! Since his appointment was during nap time and he had to get a shot, he was extra tired and took a stellar nap of 3 hours! I decided to do my C25k - W1D2. Time is still pretty lousy, but it's better than last time. Keep the eye on the prize! After his nap we just played and I tried to have him walk with his walker...he still needs a lot of practice ;)
Tuesday night it took Rawley a freakin' hour to go to sleep...that was an hour of straight non-stop crying. I don't know if it was shot related, teething or just being over-tired but he has never done that before and it was exhausting. He ended up sleeping through the night until about 6 am today. After of only an hour being awake he wanted to go back down again and this kid slept for 4 HOURS. Yes, 4 hours! Can you believe it? I can't. It's never happened before. And it's actually happening again as I type this...30 minutes in already. Anyway, once he was finally up we had lunch and went for a little afternoon stroll. I think he was bored ;0) Wish us luck tonight!
Thursday was a busy one. Rawley again took 45 minutes to go down to sleep the night before and we woke up nice and early too. Once he finally went down for his morning nap I decided to go run while I had a chance. Just completed W1D3 from the Couch 2 5k Program, I'm excited to be moving on to a new week. It was a warm beautiful day today so Rawley and I went to the park to go play with our little friend Haven. Once they went home, Rawley and I hung out in the grass on a blanket eating snacks, passing the football and snapping some pictures. He was so content and relaxed. It was perfect. After hanging for a couple of hours we came home and played some more!
It's been a pretty rough week around here, so glad it's Friday! Rawley is still having some sleep issues so we have been getting up pretty early in the morning unforunately. We went for a little walk today to soak up the beautiful warm sunshine and just played with some new toys we got for Christmas. Rawley had a difficult afternoon nap too (he has always been a great sleeper so these sudden sleep episodes are beyond me). So he was very tired when it came to bedtime that he was resting on his exersaucer while eating some puffs...that never happens.
How was your week?
No comments:
Post a Comment