Slider

and she was still running...

1.23.2012

This week I am moving on to week 4 of the C25k program which marks half way of this program.  Week 4 means long runs...well, for me it is.

Sunday was my first run for the new week and it threw in a 6 minute run and a couple 4 minute runs.  Um...excuse me?!?!  Coming from someone who has not been athletic and ounce in her life, really half ass about working out and NEVER have ran unless it was out of fear and I really needed to book it...this is a huge milestone for me.

BUT today I am proud to say I ran these intervals and I ran them to the very last second and it felt so good :)

It's weird to say that as much as I hate running, I actually love running.  As much as I hate thinking that a huge run is coming up that seems impossible, I love the fact that I actually ran it and I survived!  As I'm reading this back to myself I sound super dramatic, but it's so true.  I was telling Ryan today that how funny it's going to sound 4 weeks from now when I'm running a 5k that I thought running 6 minutes was pure torture.

Currently my ultimate goal with this running thing (not only to change my  lifestyle), but is to complete the San Diego Rock N' Roll 1/2 on June 4th, but we have also signed up to run the following:
  • Pat Tillman Run on April 21st
  • Whiskey Row 10k on May 5th (this one is going to be a super tough one with the higher elevation and steep hills)
These runs will coincide when I'm in the middle of my actual 1/2 marathon training so I'm pretty pumped.  So, that is 3 runs total this year...that's pretty ambitious, but it's pretty exciting in my book!

Linking up today's move it monday post with the domestic wannabe.

 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

woot! you go girl. i definitely feel ya, the first time the stupid thing told me i was supposed to run five minutes straight and i swear i replied out loud 'you're joking.' but i made it! you will do great, keep it up!

Brenna said...

I love this! I never thought I could run some of the runs that program was telling me to but at the end of the program- I was running 45 minutes straight. It also enabled me to run a leg in the California International Marathon Relay this past December. I ran 7.7 miles of nothing but rolling hills in 1 hour and 32 minutes! And at 220 lbs... keep going friend! Excited to hear about your progress!

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan