I had so much fun planning his party, but I do have to admit I am pretty happy it's all over. I went way overboard with DIY projects and it totally stressed me out. I pictured the entire party to be way more grand than how it turned out, but by the time we were setting everything up I was pretty much exhausted and figured it looked good the way it was. I'm such a procrastinator so I had to get all this done at the last minute and thank goodness my little sister was here because she saved the day! She helped me so much and I know for a fact I wouldn't have been able to pull it together without her help. Thanks Bubs!
And on to the details (because that's the fun part, right?!)...
I knew I wanted to do a little man party since Ryan is pretty much obsessed with mustaches anyway...like since before they were cool and were weird. ;0) After searching my favorite place (Etsy), I came accross these adorable little man invites from Three Little Monkey's Studio. She custom made them perfectly and it basically was the foundation of the colors and theme to the party.
had some mustaches photo shopped on some black & white prints
monthly photo banner made from scrapbook paper
diy felt bunting banner
hand drawn & cut ties and mustache cupcake toppers using scrapbook paper
diy cake bunting banner using leftover felt from main banners
mustaches on a stick purchased from etsy. bow ties on a stick where handmade by me using scrapbook paper
party favors were different colored chocolate mustaches on a stick. those are always fun.
We made Rawley's cake and it turned out pretty much like a banana bread. It was ok, but it ended up being too dense so it was hard for him to get a hold of it. I made a cream cheese frosting and he did like that. Sissy ended up throwing him a cupcake at the end since it felt like he was jipped out of cake smashing. We also saved a few cupcakes and froze them so we can have one for his actual birthday :0) All in all, he loved the cake and still ate it anyway because he eats everything!
Here are some pictures of the birthday boy. He wasn't too involved with
the gift opening, he decided to play in the hallway with his new toys
instead of stay in the action of opening them.
I was a little bummed by how the photo booth turned out and that was only because I ended up having to use the flash on my camera when I didn't really want to. When I planned to put it in the spot that it ended up being I didn't think there would be a problem since it faced a big window. It still ended up having funky lighting. Rawley decided he wanted to pass out once everyone started to really get involved with the photo booth. I hated the fact we didn't get a family picture with him in the booth or just in general. His actual birthday isn't until Monday so we can at least still make up for it. Oh well, everyone still had fun and I think it was a hit!

3 comments:
i loved all the great pictures! A photo booth was an awesome idea to get great photos of everyone from the party! I have found myself in the mist of planning a great birthday for my little guy where in the beginning I was like 'why go all out, he won't even remember it?', then i told myself it would actually be a party for us! Great job with all the decorations, i loved the monthly photo banner!
OMG!! Everything is so awesome. Great job, Lindz. It looks fantastic! Such a cute little guy and the pics make me miss everyone like crazy.
Looks like a blast! It all turned out so cute! Pictures make me miss all of you so much.
Love you!
Post a Comment