i started running again on thursday and it felt great! i'm not going to lie, it was hard. taking 9 days off really kills your endurance, but it felt so great to get back at it. since i really need to start doing my training on the pavement, i did my first run outside. for me it's much harder to run outside than on the treadmill, but it will be good come race day so i just need to keep trucking along. plus, i really want to avoid getting shin splints again.
my first run on thursday looked like this
on sunday I ran a little longer and a little faster, but it's not brag worthy by any means.
there is this hill towards the end of my usual route that is seriously killer and it cuts into the last minute mark of my run and it really slows me down. it's very frustrating, especially when my heart is literally pounding out of my chest. but if I ran a bit faster I can blow through that hill so I could sprint in that last minute. hopefully in week 8 when i'm supposed to be building my endurance I can work on that :)
my ultimate goal is to run a 10 minute mile and I have quite a ways to go, but i know that i WILL get there :)
i'm on my way to actually calling myself a runner and it feels great!

2 comments:
Way to go!!
dude, your diet makes SUCH a difference in your performance... you will see big changes as you keep at it! :)
Post a Comment