This week I have started week 6 of the C25k program. I feel much better this week than I did with my last Move It Monday post.
Don't get me wrong, I still feel that I have SO much in front of me to accomplish and get past but I feel better.
I'm still feeling like I'm struggling a bit with running. It just feels hard ;0) What I mean by that is that once I'm done with my runs I feel like my legs are tight and that they kind of feel numb. Almost like the feeling of when I was pregnant and the feeling of poor circulation. After my runs I am drinking a glass of Coconut Water to hydrate me and still drinking what I feel like is a TON of water (thanks to the helpful advise I received last week). I have also started stretching a bit more after my runs which I really wasn't doing the last time. Maybe there is another issue or am I doing something wrong? I do have to say that staying hydrated helped my runs since last week so that's a plus! :0)
I am pretty proud of myself considering I still feel like I'm in some kind of funk right now. But I really just need to suck it up and realize how far I have already come. I mean, I just ran two 9 minute stretches the other day! Hellooo...are you kidding me? That's amazing for me! I felt like I wanted to stop just once, but I kept going and that is HUGE!
I need to figure out this whole legs feeling tight thing so I can start feeling on top of the world again and stop being a pessimist, any suggestions?
6 comments:
are you stretching after your runs? i know if i dont stretch i always feel sooo tight afterwards. or maybe try adding in some yoga or pilates! my flexibility was INSANE when i was doing pilates regularly. love it!
I'm stretching, but i don't think I'm stretching enough or maybe not even properly. I'm just kind of going with the flow and doing what feels good at the time. The hubs and I talk about doing Yoga (he is also training to do a FULL marathon) since they offer classes in our neighborhood. Yeah, we just need to do it ;) Pilates is my favorite and used to do it often, I really need to get back into that.
Thanks Amy for your suggestions, I really appreciate it :)
Your dedication and commitment are really commendable. I love to visit here for that reason. You've created a great spot to stop for a while and I always enjoy the time I spend here. I hope youhave a great day. Blessings...Mary
Thank you Mary for the kind words and encouragement! It has really put a smile on my face today :)
I remember that feeling when I saw that they wanted me to run 9 minutes straight. I think I honestly laughed out loud! Yet I did it! It is crazy what having this little "machine" tell you to do- pushes you to actually do it!! I probably would have counted myself out if it wasnt for the "challenge."
Woot woot! Keep on going girl! I'm terrible about stretching after my runs. TERRIBLE. And I am in some sort of a slump as well right now too. I just can't make myself knock out the miles I want to! But hopefully we can both pull out of this funk soon.
Post a Comment