Slider

rawley hits vegas, baby!

6.27.2012

Yesterday Ryan had to go to Vegas for a work event and we decided to make a day out of it and join him!

We started the day and left the house at 4am...yep, 4am.  It takes about 4 hours to drive there so we had to start the day early.  That was the sucky part.  Once we finally got there, we dropped Ryan off where he was supposed to do his presentation and Rawley and I made our first stop to the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef Aquarium.

I love aquariums and I literally could be in one all day, I just wish they were bigger.  It always takes such a short time to get through it and it took us about 45 minutes.  Rawley still isn't at the age where he appreciates this kind of stuff or realize what he is looking at, but there were some parts where he absolutely loved it!  He wasn't so fond of touching the stingray's or left by the shark tank by himself so mamma could take a picture, but he loved the jelly fish and looking at the big fish tanks that still had some normal light so he could see better ;0)  I was still able to get some shots although I had the hardest time getting my lighting right on my camera to snap these, but I was still able to capture the little dude enjoying the "fishes".

blog1

blog2

After we cruised the hotel for a bit, we made our way over to the Lied Children's Discovery Museum since we had a total of 4-5 hours to kill.

Rawley is still too small for this stuff, but there were a few exhibits that he loved and was interested in.  One exhibit he loved was the bubble machine, but as I was trying to get a cute shot of that he thought it would be fun to splash around in the bubble mixture and start drinking it.  Awesome.

Of course, the first thing he goes and plays with is the dang abacus.  We traveled almost 300 miles for him to play with the same thing he plays with at the library and home.  But in his defense, it was a super abacus that was taller than him so he found that pretty awesome.

blog3

He enjoyed watching the kids play at the water table, playing in the car exhibit and at the baby corral where he of course he hit a little baby that was the size of him :(  It makes me sad he is in this stage.  I'm sure it's because he isn't with little kids all the time, but I'm trying to fix that. 

 blog4

blog5

blog6

Once daddy was done doing his thang, we picked him up and then headed straight home.  It was a quick trip, but fun!  Rawley was A-MAZING in the car.  I'm sure that had a lot to do with the fact we had a DVD of Yo Gabba! Gabba! playing in the back seat.  That kid probably watched 8 hours of Yo Gabba! Gabba! yesterday, I'm sure it was a dream come true for him.

It was an interesting take visiting Vegas this time around...pushing a kid through the hotel in a stroller, while being pregnant and then doing kid things and not grown up things.  It kinda felt weird, but Rawley had fun and it was good to do something we normally don't do.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan