Slider

our week in da iphone: week 34

6.05.2012

What a week!  What a FUN week!  I'm so behind now on cleaning, laundry, blog posts and meal planning, but it was SO worth it :0)

Auntie Lauren was still here this week in preparation for our trip and it was still super hot around these parts (ummm...110 degrees hot) so we had some more splash pad fun (which Rawley did much better this time).  He isn't a real fan of water splashing in his face at this thing, but he will get used to it.  I think he is like his mamma in that sense, it's annoying.  We ran lots of errands, went shopping with Great Gramma, played in the water fountain at the mall and I prepared for our weekend getaway to San Diego!

The main reason for our trip was Ryan ran the San Diego Rock N' Roll Half Marathon (the race I was training for when I found out we were pregnant).  We headed out early Friday morning and arrived in the afternoon just as our friends arrived from Denver.  We spent our days eating, ocean watching, ocean side shopping, reading (I also felt little baby boy kicks for the first time while reading the infamous Bloom by Kelle Hampton) and relaxing.  The big race was on Sunday and although Ryan made no attempt in training for this run, he finished the race in 2:43 (still unofficial time)!  That's pretty rockstar considering he did not train once and literally rolled out of bed to go run this thing.  Not one of his smartest moves, but he pulled it off.  I'm so proud of his huge accomplishment!  Next year we will both run it and there will be proper training ;0)  We rounded out the day going to a Padres game and having dinner in the Gaslamp district.  Such a great time and this mamma needed the break, but it was so hard being away from Rawley for the first time.   Auntie Lauren did a great job with him and she has no idea how grateful we are for her to do this for us! 

We love you Auntie Lauren :0)  Have fun in New York!

Untitled
Untitled

And the best part of our vacation?  Coming home to the Rawl-Dawg!  He was so unbelievably happy to see us and I think I cried for a good half hour.  He had a huge giggle fit and clapped his hands like a mad man because he was so happy.  The best ending to a fantastic week! :0)
   
Linking up with Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan