We are embracing summer pretty quickly over here so I need to start getting creative with indoor play. 100 degree days and being outside...pregnant are not a good combination!
Since we are still trying to wean down to one nap a day I decided to distract the Rawl Dawg by taking him out for a mid-morning walk and then a stop at the playground to go down some slides. I think it worked. By the time we got home, he had lunch and then passed out for a 3 hour nap. Awesome! :) This weaning to a sippy cup and milk nonsense is just that...NONSENSE! I'm having the hardest time doing this. He wants nothing to do with his sippy. He will only drink from a straw sippy and when he does, it has to be water. He knows how to use it, just doesn't want to have milk in it. So now, we go from 4, 6oz bottles of formula/day to a 5oz mixed formula/milk bottle in the morning and maybe an ounce of mixed formula/milk bottle before bed. That's it. I'm so frustrated, sad and upset. I don't want him to be losing weight over this, I feel he isn't getting all his nutrients now. Any thoughts or tips??
Tuesday
Today we had to go take Ryan's car in to get a tire alignment and an oil change. It took 3 hours. Yep, 3 hours in a waiting room with a 1 year old. I do have to say he did pretty well with all things considered. I did have to divert his attention quite a few times so we went outside, climbed some rocks and had to switch on the Yo Gabba Gabba! on my iPhone. Oh well. After his 3 hour nap today, he had a snack with his sippy cup...he drank 1 oz of milk today from it. Other than that, he had his mixed bottle in the morning and nothing for his night time bottle. We did a little walking outside in the driveway while waiting for Ryan to get home. It's getting way too hot outside already and Rawley realized that. He walked to the end of the driveway and went back into the garage and wanted to get in his stroller.

While I was getting ready, I found Rawley sitting on his car thing while watching Yo Gabba Gabba!. The cars are supposed to go in there, not the boy. We went to Target and came home in time to make lunch. He likes to just stand around and hang out a lot lately. Still no walking though. After his nap I had to read his favorite book again to him for about 5 times in a row...this is his favorite page in the book. Not sure why ;0) Rawley loves his bath time, he is crazy silly.

Rawley is always all over the place when he sleeps at night. This morning I woke with him sleeping with his arm hanging out of the crib. Rawley likes to relax a lot when he eats, maybe we need to start working on some table manners? ;0) We went for an early morning walk hoping to get out before it got too hot, but boy was I wrong. It was so hot this morning! I'm in for a long and brutal summer :o( Rawley thinks the outside is awesome, too bad it was almost 100 today. Poor boy, I don't know how we are going to survive this summer.
Friday morning we had a coffee date and play date with our friends. Rawley still has a hard time controlling his hitting and it sucks. I don't know how to get a hold on it, but I hope it gets better over time. While I was making lunch he figured out to open the cupboard. Thankfully it was the tupperware one, but it looks like now we will be baby proofing the kitchen ;0) We got to pick Ryan up from work today so we could go down and pick up our race packets for the Pat Tillman Run on Saturday which is a pretty far distance from our house. After that, we went to IKEA to kill some time while we waited for Papa and Uncle Colin to fly in so we could pick them up from the airport. Rawley thought the big boy bed was quite comfy :0)
How was your week? Linking up with Amy!

While I was getting ready, I found Rawley sitting on his car thing while watching Yo Gabba Gabba!. The cars are supposed to go in there, not the boy. We went to Target and came home in time to make lunch. He likes to just stand around and hang out a lot lately. Still no walking though. After his nap I had to read his favorite book again to him for about 5 times in a row...this is his favorite page in the book. Not sure why ;0) Rawley loves his bath time, he is crazy silly.
Rawley is always all over the place when he sleeps at night. This morning I woke with him sleeping with his arm hanging out of the crib. Rawley likes to relax a lot when he eats, maybe we need to start working on some table manners? ;0) We went for an early morning walk hoping to get out before it got too hot, but boy was I wrong. It was so hot this morning! I'm in for a long and brutal summer :o( Rawley thinks the outside is awesome, too bad it was almost 100 today. Poor boy, I don't know how we are going to survive this summer.
Friday morning we had a coffee date and play date with our friends. Rawley still has a hard time controlling his hitting and it sucks. I don't know how to get a hold on it, but I hope it gets better over time. While I was making lunch he figured out to open the cupboard. Thankfully it was the tupperware one, but it looks like now we will be baby proofing the kitchen ;0) We got to pick Ryan up from work today so we could go down and pick up our race packets for the Pat Tillman Run on Saturday which is a pretty far distance from our house. After that, we went to IKEA to kill some time while we waited for Papa and Uncle Colin to fly in so we could pick them up from the airport. Rawley thought the big boy bed was quite comfy :0)
How was your week? Linking up with Amy!
1 comment:
the baby looks awosme and so does the photos :) keep posting awsome photos dear, I´m going to check them out :)
& you just got yourself a new follower ;)
Post a Comment