Easter Sunday was jammed packed full of excitement for little Rawley. Because of that, he took NO nap. None. First time ever he boycotted his naps. I thought for sure he would sleep in a little on Monday morning. Nope...he woke up right on time at 6:00am. He did take his morning nap for once so after that we cruised to World Market and Target to pick up a few things. The little turd ended up not taking his afternoon nap. I'm thinking he is either 1) teething or 2) ready to migrate down to one nap a day. I don't know and it's really bugging me trying to figure this out. He later woke up around 10pm crying hysterically for about an hour before he went to bed again. I gave him some Tylenol and he eventually went back down for the rest of the night.
Once again, I tried to get Rawley down for his morning nap and he wanted nothing to do with it so I took him out of bed and we played and read a little (while he laid in my lap :0) ) and waited for our friends to come over for a little breakfast date. Coffee, donuts and play time, it was great :) By 11:30a he was hell on wheels so I put him to bed as we was throwing a total fit. He ended up going to sleep, but woke up crying hysterically again around noon and wouldn't go back to sleep. So we were up for the remainder of the day. Ugh! I hope this little guy is ok. We had to later go down to the car dealership to get my battery replaced. We were there for an hour and a half and Rawley was a pure angel. He was so good considering his nap sucked today. Turns out Dad was really sick today so he ended up being home when we got home and we stayed clear of him for the rest of the night :( Rawley was butt tired by the end of the day so we relaxed on the couch a little before bed and put him to sleep about an hour early tonight...he went to sleep right away.
Wednesday

Today we went for Rawley's 12 month well check. He was a train wreck this whole day. He ended up getting 4 freaking shots today and turns out he has the beginnings of an ear infection which might be causing his abnormal night time fussiness. Also this ear infection is also causing his left eye to be all puffy and super watery so on top of him getting a small fever and in pain from his shots, he has to have eye drops and Amoxicillan (which is close to impossible to give this to him, it ends up all over the couch or his face rather than in his mouth and eye). Today was a horrible day, I'm hoping tomorrow he can start over.
Thursday


Thursday was a whole lot of nothing. Luckily when he woke up his fever was gone and he was back to normal spirits. Good thing, I really hate when he feels the way he did yesterday. Anytime I get his breakfast ready and get him all situated he gets so mad that I'm in his way of his morning show. He tries to always look around me. Later we just played and he loves to play "I'm going to get you" while we chase each other around the ottoman, but instead of me chasing him he always runs towards me to try to chase me with the biggest grin on his face. He is cute.

Now that Rawley is wanting to miss his second, I'm in the process of phasing him down to one nap a day. It's been a long week because of that, but he is starting to get used to the new routine. With that, it means when I usually would get ready for the day during his morning naps I now have to be creative. Today I drug all his toys into my bathroom so he can play while I showered and got ready. It worked today, but I'm sure this routine won't last long. I may need to just get up when Ryan gets up to get ready for the day since Rawley gets up between 6-6:30am. Eeek! We spent the afternoon going to Toys R Us spending Rawley's gift card he got for his birthday, lunch with Aunt Megan and cousin Avery and then we ventured over to Trader Joe's to pick up some goodies. Rawley also bought me some pretty tulips, what a nice boy ;0) And of course we ended the evening taking a bath, his absolute favorite part of the day.
What a great week we had, how was yours? Linking up with the fabulous Amy!

Wednesday
Today we went for Rawley's 12 month well check. He was a train wreck this whole day. He ended up getting 4 freaking shots today and turns out he has the beginnings of an ear infection which might be causing his abnormal night time fussiness. Also this ear infection is also causing his left eye to be all puffy and super watery so on top of him getting a small fever and in pain from his shots, he has to have eye drops and Amoxicillan (which is close to impossible to give this to him, it ends up all over the couch or his face rather than in his mouth and eye). Today was a horrible day, I'm hoping tomorrow he can start over.
Thursday
Thursday was a whole lot of nothing. Luckily when he woke up his fever was gone and he was back to normal spirits. Good thing, I really hate when he feels the way he did yesterday. Anytime I get his breakfast ready and get him all situated he gets so mad that I'm in his way of his morning show. He tries to always look around me. Later we just played and he loves to play "I'm going to get you" while we chase each other around the ottoman, but instead of me chasing him he always runs towards me to try to chase me with the biggest grin on his face. He is cute.
Now that Rawley is wanting to miss his second, I'm in the process of phasing him down to one nap a day. It's been a long week because of that, but he is starting to get used to the new routine. With that, it means when I usually would get ready for the day during his morning naps I now have to be creative. Today I drug all his toys into my bathroom so he can play while I showered and got ready. It worked today, but I'm sure this routine won't last long. I may need to just get up when Ryan gets up to get ready for the day since Rawley gets up between 6-6:30am. Eeek! We spent the afternoon going to Toys R Us spending Rawley's gift card he got for his birthday, lunch with Aunt Megan and cousin Avery and then we ventured over to Trader Joe's to pick up some goodies. Rawley also bought me some pretty tulips, what a nice boy ;0) And of course we ended the evening taking a bath, his absolute favorite part of the day.
What a great week we had, how was yours? Linking up with the fabulous Amy!
2 comments:
Such a cutie he is!! And the nap transition is hard... but hang in there, it'll get better!! Hope you have a good weekend!
yikes, the ear infection part sounds so horrible :( hope he's on the road to recovery!
Post a Comment