Well, I made it to 40 weeks! Fully brewed to the exact date. Although I feel extremely lucky that I have been able to carry him this whole time when other women have had constant struggles during their pregnancies, I feel frustrated and over the fact that I'm still pregnant. I'm not exactly someone who loves to be pregnant {if you haven't noticed that already}.
Yesterday I went in for my 40 week OB appointment where I have officially gained 29 pounds this entire pregnancy {a little bit less than with Rawley, but who is keeping track, eh??}. During my visit I expressed all my fears and concerns with my doctor about a future induction again if I go pass my due date. I am nervous that because I was past my due date that I know I would be leaving the hospital with a baby, but at what cost? I guess my main fear is that this is all going to end up in having a c-section. I know, I know, why worry about something you can't control?? Well, unfortunately that is how I operate and it sucks.
Anyway, she checked my progress and I have DROPPED...big time. She immediately felt him in there and I am dilated a definite 3 cm and I'm at 0 station meaning he is fully engaged in my pelvis ready to go. I was nowhere near this when I had my unsuccessful induction. She was very excited and so was I considering the internal did not hurt this time around...for the first time ever! That within itself changed my attitude. She tried to strip my membranes, but I had her stop since it hurt so bad. If I don't deliver on my own, she is still wanting to induce me this Wednesday or Thursday {still waiting on a confirmation of that} and is fully confident that it will work this time. Last time baby boy was so high that she couldn't break my water, this time she is able to do that if need be without a problem. Yay!
So there you have it. My first ever 40 week update on the bump. Now we are officially in full waiting mode and we will see what happens next :)
No comments:
Post a Comment