Slider

dear rawley: to my big boy, my first little.

10.29.2012

Dear Rawley,

My first born.  My big boy and my first little.  I can't even begin to explain to you how I'm feeling knowing our last days alone together as just Rawley and mamma are coming to an end.  Soon, you will be a big brother which both excites me and sadness me all at once.  I'm so excited for you to share your childhood with a little brother.  Someone to be able to teach the ropes to, guide, protect, play on the playground with, play sports with {or any interest you want to have for that matter}, share laughter and inside jokes with and be a role model for.  Just the other day, you picked up your teddy bear off the floor in your room {although, it's a teddy bear you have never really showed interest in but it was still yours} and you walked to your brother's room and set it down, left it there and it's been there ever since.  You are already showing how good of a big brother you are going to be and I have no doubt in my mind you two are going to share some amazing memories together!

Of course, these last days alone of just {us} has saddened me a little.  It's been just you and me and we are going to learn how to share our time with someone new.  But it will be ok, our days from here on our will be so much fun!  It's been so comforting that the last few weeks all you want to is just crawl up on the couch next to your mamma and snuggle and curl up with me.  You have been giving me the BEST hugs and kisses on command {which is very unlike you}.  You are usually a straight daddy's boy and you typically do this with him.  I know that one day you will be so embarrassed by your mamma and not want me to give you hugs or kisses in public anymore so I'm soaking in every last drop of your sweetness.  I wish I could just bottle it up so I can keep it forever.  It overwhelms me how much love we share for one another.  I never knew I would ever have that and it's pretty amazing.

You have no idea what is headed your way and I hope that you will never feel that you are not loved the same as your brother.   You are both my best boys and I can't wait to watch you two grow up together.

You made me a mamma Rawley, and I will always cherish that for as long as I live.  These last 18 months alone with you have been the best 18 months I have ever had and I want you to know you are always my big boy, my little bud and my first little.  I can't wait for what is in store for us once your little brother arrive, we are going to have so many new and exciting adventures to share with him.

I love you Rawley to the moon and back!

Love,
your mamma

Untitled
{taken the day before your little brother was born and we were playing and reading stories for hours}

No comments:

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan