I have been experiencing some cramps and brown spotting for the past 4 days and it was not lightening up so I called my doctor to see if this was something I needed to be worried about. The nurse asked if I wanted to come in tomorrow so I could get an ultrasound so they could check me. All day, I was worried and sad thinking that this baby was not going to take.
I went in this morning with a bunch of jitters and not really knowing what to expect so of course my anxiety levels were just rising as soon as I walked in that door! The Ultrasound Tech called me in and did her thing, but it turns out I'm measuring at 4 weeks instead of 6 1/2 weeks like I originally thought. They were able to see a sac, but not fetus or fetal pole yet (which is to be expected since I'm now only 4 weeks).
I did my follow up appointment with Dr. Chillara (instead of my normal OBGYN, Dr. Webber). She explained since I'm measuring only 4 weeks that she is not really concerned of my spotting right now. She seems to think it's implantation bleeding which now makes total sense. She did an exam, cervix is closed which is good and they took some blood. I will need to go back in a few days to take more blood work to see if my beta levels rose any, if so that's a good thing. Then I won't have to go back for another few weeks to get my internal ultrasound again to see if the baby has grown any further.
I'm crossing my fingers for a healthy and sticky baby!!!!! Doctor's only advice - RELAX! Kick the feet up and don't do too much strenuous activity, hopefully it will alleviate the spotting. :) More news to follow...
**********
Some Stats for now
How far along: 4 weeks
Total weight gain: Let's focus on my starting weight, as of today is 175 lbs
Maternity clothes: Ummm, no thank goodness!
Main symptoms: Absentmindedness. Dizzy. Lightheaded. TIRED. Crampy. Spotting
Exercise: None right now, I'm so tired. Besides, doctor said to take it easy and get lots of rest with my feet up for now. Once the spotting goes away, I will start walking and arm weights.
Best moment: Don't have one at this point, I'm so nervous and scared
Movement: n/a
Food cravings: n/a
Gender: n/a
Labor signs: n/a
Belly button in or out? n/a - mine's an inny and I hope it forever stays an inny ;)
What I miss: Drinking with the fam. Although I'm not usually a big drinker to begin with, I just miss the option. I will miss not drinking at Irish Fest for my little seester's 21st birthday
What I am looking forward to: Telling the family once everything seems a-ok and of course decorating a new room :)
Weekly wisdom: Relax and not worry!
Milestones: n/a
**********
No comments:
Post a Comment