Slider

First "Real" Appointment!

8.13.2010

So today I went for my appointment that was technically supposed to be my first appointment.  I was able to actually see Dr. Webber (my real doctor) and I was so relieved.  I love this doctor...if you are going to love a "who-hey" doctor.  She makes me feel so at ease with things.  Turns out she is pregnant with her second child right now and is due in December (thank goodness it's not in April because I really want her to be my delivering doctor, although there are no promises of that).  She is 37 years old with a 14 month old and one on the way...I should really stop being paranoid at having a kid over 30 ;)

My appointment today was really to get all my vitals done, a normal check up (which to my surprise didn't even hurt since I have already been poked and probed for the past 2 weeks) and to go over all my questions that I had.  I had some questions regarding my prenatal vitamins and taking DHA.  My doctor said taking DHA wouldn't be a bad thing since studies have come back that DHA helps eyes and brain development.  Since I already have half a bottle of PNV (One Source) I went and bought a box of the Target generic brand of DHA supplements that I take at dinner time and then I take my PNV at bedtime.

Prior to getting worked on she did want to give me another ultrasound just to make sure I really had a nugget in my belly and sure enough we had an embryo today!

I was measuring 6w3d.  I went from straight yolk sac to embryo in 3 days!  I also measured a bit bigger than my last appointment by a few days which is great.  And to make things better, I SAW A HEARTBEAT today just flickering away! :)  It was so crazy to see that!

She did tell me that my progesterone levels were lower than what she wanted and my hcg levels did rise a bit so she wants to put me on Prometrium? for my first trimester to ensure this little nugget sticks.  I'm a bit nervous about this, but I have to remember that it is only to help this little nugget stay put for the next 7-8 months.  I took my first dosage last night and this morning I felt a bit queasy, but I just scarfed down a handful of Cheerios and water and went about my business.  So far today, all is well.

They took more blood from me, gave me a picture of our nugget and I was on my way out the door with my very noticeable "mom bag" is what I like to call it (magazines, PNV (prenatal vitimans) samples, a journal, and straight swag)

You should see all the looks you get from people when your walking around with this thing!

So for now, I can kick back and relax until I go in for my next appointment in 4 weeks.  The doctor said all is well and they will call me back with my blood results. 

******
Some Stats for now


How far along:  6w3d 
Total weight gain:  I was weighed at the doctor today, but I get really bloated by the end of the day so I'm not counting it as weight gain.
Maternity clothes:  Nope, but I did buy a belly band today which makes me sad.  By the end of the day I get so bloated that maybe in a few weeks this might be the best purchase until I buy maternity jeans! ;) 
Main symptoms:  Tired still and I had a slight whiff of nausea this morning, but I'm thinking it might be the progesterone pills I have to take.
Exercise:  None right now
Best moment:  Seeing the heart beat at yesterday's appointment, very cool :)
Movement: n/a
Food cravings: n/a
Gender: n/a
Labor signs: n/a
Belly button in or out? n/a - mine's an inny and I hope it forever stays an inny ;)
What I missNot too much quite yet
What I am looking forward to: Telling the family once everything seems a-ok and of course decorating a new room :)  I'm also looking forward to going back in 4 weeks for my next ultrasound to hear the heartbeat with Ryan.
Weekly wisdom: Relax and not worry!
Milestones: n/a
******

No comments:

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan