It's such a huge relief to have this huge obstacle out of the way. Now the fun part left is to decorate...yay! You might remember when I posted my original nursery mood board last month and I have to say, I have mostly stuck with it with the exception of the seat bench {i bought white instead} and I added a mobile with some different art work. Here is the updated mood board:
Here are some pictures I took today {it may be boring to some since there is no added decoration}. My next step is to start working on the seat bench cushion and crib skirt.
{loving the IKEA Hemnes dresser and it's so perfect how it's in blue!}
{going to do the Expedit seat bench project that has exploded on Pinterest and of course needed a matching Hemnes nightstand}
{received this crib from some friends of ours which started the color scheme of the whole nursery - i personally wasn't a fan of white for a boy, but have come to realize i can make this room quite masculine with white!}
{the above picture is true to color of this dresser, but found this apple green lamp base which is PERFECT for the color scheme}
Things left on my list of things to do to complete this room are:
- make crib skirt
- make seat bench cushion
- hang pictures
- make mobile
- buy storage baskets for bottom {in search for the dark blue Itso bins, but Target is sold out, hoping something similar in size and color make their appearance soon}.
- hopefully by area rug {but this is a wish list item for sure}




3 comments:
This nursery is going to be beyond perfect by the time you're finished with it!
I've been so overwhelmed with trying to put together ideas for a nursery for our baby girl! Did you only search pinterest for inspiration? Or where would you suggest I look for ideas? Because I don't have ANY idea how I'd like to decorate her nursery. AH!
Thank you Courtney! The funny thing about my nursery inspiration was I was cruising Pinterest for birthday party ideas for the little dude and came across this adorable man party: http://karaspartyideas.com/2012/04/mustache-bash-1st-birthday-party.html. And from there, sparked my color scheme. Then we inherited the white crib and the room was already painted gray so luckily it all fell into place this time. Now I feel like Rawley's room is nowhere near as awesome as what I hope for this one to be. ;0) I added the planes from the adorable mobile inspiration I found on Pinterest. I just plan to add the picture set and mobile since I'm not too into the theme aspect of nurseries. Just wanted to add a little something :) Pinterest is a GREAT place to find ideas! Once I finish everything I will be adding photo links and credits to where I found these inspiring ideas. Good luck, girls nurseries are SO much fun to cook up. I'm kind of glad this second one is a boy, otherwise I probably would have gone nuts with decorating ;0)
I love it so far! It's going to look great! I wish I would have been able to do something like this for Caden's room, but we lived in a way too small house & now we just don't have the funds =[
Post a Comment