Slider

Nursery Ideas and Some Shopping for Later!

11.09.2010

Over the weekend we went to Target to pick up a few items and I strolled over to the Christmas Halloween section to look at the clearance racks and came across this little number for Nuggie:


That's right, we already bought Nuggie his Halloween costume for next year...he is going to be a hot dog!  This beauty was originally $15.00 and we walked out of there paying only $1.50!!!!!!!!  I think that's the BEST purchase I have ever made at Target (and cheapest). 

Moving right along, people have already been asking me what we were going to do for his little nursery.  I have a few ideas, but nothing set in stone yet.  The main vibe I'm going for is a surf look.  I'm not really a "theme" type of gal and I didn't want to go with the traditional baby blues, sports, primary colors or lambs and such so this is what I have come up with so far:


I really love the wood work on the walls too and would really love to do this.  I have found some tutorials to DIY this so hopefully we can make it happen.  I don't want to do all that crib bedding though, just a straight crib sheet and crib skirt.  I'm trying to look for an orange box pleat skirt that touches the floor, but you can never buy them a' la carte...anyone know how to sew ;)

******
How far along:  19 Weeks

Total weight gain: 8 pounds since my last appointment

Maternity clothes: You betcha!  So far I love them :)

Main symptoms:  I still can't sleep through the night which sucks and I'm starting to get the round ligament pains now, but that's normal.  Other than that, we are looking good :)

Exercise: Walking the treadmill after work since it's get dark now so early. Still walking 2-3 days/week.  Now that I'm approaching 20 weeks, I'm going to start doing my Prenatal Yoga on the weekends

Best moment:  Getting Nuggie's costume.  He is going to look hilarious!

Movement: Not yet, but they say w/in the few weeks I should start feeling something.  I just found out at my last appointment that I have an anterior placenta so it's normal for me not to feel anything quite yet.  I did hear the heartbeat again on Friday and the doctor said he sounds very happy.  Although he is quite the stinker, every time she would zone in the HB he would move somewhere else.  Those damn Voitik's! ;)

Food cravings: None.  But I do love to eat Spaghetti O's all of a sudden, maybe that is a craving?? ;)

Gender: Boy

Labor signs: n/a

Belly button in or out? Still in but it's starting to look smaller.  I'm hoping I don't get that outtie

What I miss: Being able to drink with everyone.

What I am looking forward to: Finally feeling Nugget moving around in there. It will make this all feel so much more real.  And finally starting to decorate Nuggie's nursery!

Weekly wisdom: n/a

Milestones: Nugget is now the size of a mango and has now is starting to grow hair on his head!  I'm sure he will have a lot since daddy has thick hair and mommy was born with a full head of hair.

******

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOVE the nursery ideas! So so so cute!

And Nugs is going to be one adorable weiner in that costume. :)

xoxoxo

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan