Slider

rawley is 1 month.

5.02.2011

I know everyone says this, but I seriously can't believe Rawley is 1 month old already!  The time truly has flown by and I feel like just yesterday we were still in the hospital.  This month has seriously seemed like such a blur!

Here are some of things Rawley has been doing in his first month:

  • He has been starting to army crawl up or down our chest while laying on it or if he is laying in his crib (the times that he actually sleeps in it - we are practicing this)
  • He has been locking his eyes with ours and I swear he is starting to smile when hearing our voices, but I think it still may be wishful thinking.  
  • He is starting to make cooing noises, but mainly after he yawns - but it's still cute!
  • He loves going for rides in the car.  I get very excited if we have to go anywhere that involves him being in the car because it seems like it is my quiet time...until we hit rush hour traffic and the car stops moving!
  • He still loves to be soothed by Dad and not so much Mama right now.  I think he may sense the tension from me still since I get a tad uneasy since I still can't quite figure out all his different cries yet.  Mama is working on this ;)  Plus Mama is home with him all day, he likes to get a little change of scenery.
  • He still hates tummy time...truly!  I lay him down on his tummy time mat and little man freaks out until one of us picks him up.  He still would rather do tummy time on our chests if he can.  This is a glimpse of him having tummy time before the meltdown begins:

  • He is fighting to take naps during the day!  He will usually take his morning nap for 3 hours and then he will only take a couple 30 - 45 minute cat naps.  He will sleep 3-4 hour stretches though at night so that part is getting better.
  • We went to the doctor today and he now weighs 8 lbs, 12 oz and is now 22 1/2 inches long!  He is in the 80th percentile for height.  Doctor says he is right on track and is doing perfect.  Next appointment is for his two month and I'm so nervous because it's where he gets his first set of immunizations.  I just might have Dad come along to help Mama out ;)
  • And finally, he still hates his baths and lotion massages.  However, he is recently getting much better with calming down towards the end of bath time.  

So those are a little bit of Rawley's "highlights" for his very first month and here is his very first "official" monthly photo that we will be taking every 2nd day of the month so we can watch him grow.  The moment I placed him on the chair to take these pictures he totally spit up all over the place so therefore his little tie is coming off his shirt ;)



And then here are some more pictures we took this week if you want a second dose of his adorableness :)


This is from Easter.  Rawley got a picture from his Auntie Megan, Uncle Shaw and cousin Brody of the infamous Rollie Fingers whom our little guy is named after.  You can obviously tell he loves it!  And after sitting in his Easter basket he about had enough and fell asleep while saying his Easter prayers ;)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love him. I love you and Ryan too. He is perfect and I wish I could shower him with cousin kisses!

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan