******
How far along: 37 weeksTotal weight gain: 29 pounds as of my appointment last Thursday (3/10/11)
Maternity clothes: Yes! Although some things are starting to be a bit more snug as I have popped even more in the past week.
Main symptoms: Sleepless nights, I get up 3-4 times per night now as opposed to just once when I first got pregnant. Swelling of the feet. I feel like my hips are being dislocated from my body whenever I rollover in bed...things are getting pretty difficult ;)
Exercise: Ummmm, no.
Best moment: Making it to full-term!
Movement: Still kicking and rolling away. If feel him a few times a day, some days more active than others. I do feel like he is trying to stretch himself out of body at times.
Food cravings: No cravings, just the constant indecisiveness. It makes going out to dinner difficult.
Gender: He is a he
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions. Just experienced what I think was a couple contractions, my whole stomach tightened and felt pressure in my pelvis. It almost made me want to sit down for a sec. I think things are for sure happening down there now...WHICH IS GOOD!!!
Belly button in or out? I'm still an innie, but it's very flat now and sometimes it pops out, but then pops back in. Ryan and I find it pretty funny.
Stretch Marks: My stomach looks like a Rand McNally map! Although I slather myself with Bio Oil twice a day I still got them and I'm devastated. What they say is true, it's total genetics...thanks Mom! ;)
What I miss: Just being able to be comfortable, but I only have a few weeks left so I can certainly manage :)
What I am looking forward to: Seeing this little guy
Appointment Updates: We went for a measurement ultrasound last Thursday and we are measuring right on track. Originally my OB thought I might be measuring big, but it turns it was just how is lying in my belly and how much amniotic fluid is around him. Little Nuggie is about 6 pounds at 36 weeks. So if things progress as normal we should have a normal size baby on our hands...thank gawd!! The ultrasound tech found that our little boy has A LOT of hair - just like his mama when she was born. It's amazing that they can see that stuff on a normal ultrasound. I also went in for my Group B Strep Test, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I was stressing for months over nothing. I won't find out my results until this Thursdays appointment (3/17/11). If it comes out positive it just means I need to be under antibiotics during labor and deliver so it doesn't get passed on to little Nuggie. It's just something you either have or you don't so I'm not really too concerned.
Milestones: We have upgraded to the last and FINAL fruit of the pregnancy train - A WATERMELON!!! I'm officially at the end of the road! I am now considered full term so if he was born today, everything should be considered normal and A-OK with this little guy. Nuggie should be weighing in about 6 pounds right about now which seems like I'm right on track.
******

1 comment:
Yaaaaaaaaaay! I can't believe he's almost here (which is more than I can say about his gift...sigh)! So so so excited to meet him -- you did such a great job thus far, Mama; you should be very proud of yourself for keeping Nugs super healthy and happy! You're almost there!!!!! xoxoxoxox Love you!
Post a Comment