Slider

39 Weeks- Is There An End In Sight??

3.30.2011



******

How far along: 39 weeks
Total weight gain: 33 pounds as of yesterday's appointment, that's no weight gain in 2 weeks!
Maternity clothes: Yes! Although most are fitting snug these days (exhibit A....my 39 week bump pic)
Main symptoms: Swelling of the feet and hands.  I can't wait to get the feeling back in those things!  It hurts to walk anymore as I'm getting more and more pressure down there.
Exercise:  This week I'm walking more and bouncing on the medicine ball to get this little boy OUT!
Best moment:  Realizing after this weekend I could very well be a mom
Movement: Still kicking and rolling away. His movements aren't as jolty as they were before, but he still moves a lot.  It's like I feel feet, heels and his butt now which is cute.
Food cravings: No cravings, just the constant indecisiveness. It makes going out to dinner difficult.  I can't eat as much since there is not that much room in there.
Gender: He is a he
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions still, but nothing painful or really that noticeable. I still don't know if it's Braxton Hicks though or if it's just him stretching out in there.
Belly button in or out? I'm an innie, outie, flattie....does that count?
Stretch Marks: Everywhere, it looks like a war zone :(
What I miss: Just being able to be comfortable, and having feeling in my hands and feet. 
What I am looking forward to: Seeing this little guy
Appointment Updates: Yesterday's appointment was the normal checkup, but my blood pressure skyrocketed to 150/80 at the beginning of my appointment.  At the end of the appointment she checked it again and it went to 140/90.  They were almost going to send me to the hospital to get a bunch of lab work done, but I showed no other singed of pre-eclampsia so they took some blood work.  The results came back fine, but there were a couple marks that came back higher than she wanted but still not that concerned.  I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow (Thursday) to get my blood pressure checked again in hopes that it goes down.  The doctor is going to re-check me again too to see if I have progressed since yesterday's appointment (which by the way I progressed to 1 cm dilated and my cervix has shortened a bit since last week) and based on my blood pressure reading she is going to go over with me the possibility of being induced on Monday since she will be there that day anyway.  I love my doctor!
Milestones: We have upgraded to the last and FINAL fruit of the pregnancy train - A WATERMELON!!! He should be weighing in around 7 pounds now and about 201/2 inches long. I hope he doesn't get any bigger than that! ;)

******

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ONE MORE WEEK!!! You've made it mamma! Can't wait to hear of his arrival. Such a blessing

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan