Slider

38 Weeks - Only 2 More Weeks To Go

3.22.2011



******

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 33 pounds as of today's appointment
Maternity clothes: Yes! Although some things are starting to be a bit more snug as I have popped even more in the past week.
Main symptoms: Sleepless nights, I get up 3-4 times per night now as opposed to just once when I first got pregnant. Swelling of the feet. I feel like my hips are being dislocated from my body whenever I rollover in bed...things are getting pretty difficult ;)  I get a lot of muscle twinges in my lower abdomen along with some mild cramping, but the doctor said that's going to be normal.
Exercise: Ummmm, no.
Best moment:  Realizing there really is a light at the end of this tunnel :)
Movement: Still kicking and rolling away. If feel him a few times a day, some days more active than others. I do feel like he is trying to stretch himself out of body at times.  Today however he was pretty lazy and barely felt him move so I did go over this with my doctor.  She hooked me up to a heartrate monitor for about 20 minutes.  This little dude was quite the stinker because everytime he would be monitered for 5 minutes he would move somewhere else entirely and you couldn't read his heartbeat although he was moving.  He is definetly Daddy's boy!  The doctor called him quite the stinker. ;)
Food cravings: No cravings, just the constant indecisiveness. It makes going out to dinner difficult.
Gender: He is a he
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions still, but nothing painful or really that noticable.  I had to ask the doctor today what they actually felt like, she said I will know ;)  I guess I will have to wait.
Belly button in or out? I'm still an innie, but it's VERY flat now.  Blah!
Stretch Marks: Everywhere, it looks like a war zone :(
What I miss: Just being able to be comfortable, but I only have a few weeks left so I can certainly manage :)
What I am looking forward to: Seeing this little guy
Appointment Updates: Today's appointment was the normal checkups however, I had to get my first internal exam today.  If that's what that felt like....I'm in for a world of hurt for what's about to happen in the next couple of weeks.  YOWZERS!  Regardless, I'm not dilated yet and my cervix is still high.  And the brightside, he is still head down :)
Milestones: We have upgraded to the last and FINAL fruit of the pregnancy train - A WATERMELON!!! He should be weighing in around 6.8 pounds now and about 19 1/2 inches long.  He already has a firm grasp with his tiny little hands and his organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color Nuggies eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.  I have brown, Daddy has greenish eyes... we will see.

******

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hurray!!! Almost there! Which is scary because I still haven't completed your present. I will use the weekend to do so!!!

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan