We will be putting up Board and Batten using this handy DIY tutorial (hopefully it will be this easy). I wanted a cool and clean blue and I found Sherwin Williams Tidewater that I have already painted a sample on the wall, it's gorgeous. Then I will accent the room with pops of oranges. We are NOT talking Bronco's blue and orange here folks (just so we are all clear). It's more of an aqua and orange color scheme. ;)
I want to do a subtle surf vibe so I will be adding some cute pictures I found on Etsy and some other pictures once I decide on my favorite 5 from this bunch. I want to mix up some different kinds of art prints too so it's not just all surf stuff. A cool, surf, manly and fun boys room is what I'm looking for -- nothing babyish if ya know what I mean.
I'm also going to take a stab at making my own mobile out of small starfish (real) to hang either over the crib from the ceiling or over the dresser where his little changing pad will be. I haven't decided, but first I want to make sure I can even make the mobile -- I'm excited to take a stab at it :)
Hopefully you like the idea we are running with. It looks like fun and I can't WAIT to get working on this! :)

1 comment:
I love your ideas. The Board and Batten is going to look awesome, and I can't wait to see everything come together. Your color scheme is perfect for your theme and for a little boy--it's making me lean toward the orange (with maybe a few pops of blue). Hope you keep us updated.
Post a Comment