Slider

Happy 35/35!

2.28.2011

Today marks my 35/35, that's 35 weeks down and only 35 days to go....YIPPEE!!

I am so thrilled that I am almost finished here.  To think I have 5 weeks or less and I will be a mom really sounds just crazy to me.  It has flown by so fast.  I really am ready for this little guy to be here.  His room is almost done, just put up the finishing touches.  I believe we have all the things we are going to need for when he first gets here, the rocker/recliner gets delivered sometime this week and my hospital bag is packed (that's just how anal I am though...it's been packed for two weeks now)!  There are still a handful of small things to do, but I think he can come at anytime now!

This past weekend we had our last baby shower here at our house thrown by my sister Shannon, Elizabeth and Mimi, but sadly Mimi couldn't make it because she was sick.  Sinus infections are NO joke so I don't blame her.  We had such a wonderful turnout and were so lucky to be surrounded by such supportive family and friends.  Also, Grandma Joanne and Grandpa flew all the way from Missouri to join us for the day.  It was so much fun!

Here are some cute little shoes we got from Grandma Joanne and Grandpa


And this awesome book we got from our friends - Good Night Hawaii :)  Ryan must not be interested...


Next weekend Auntie Lauren is flying out from Missouri to help me put all the final touches on the nursery and get everything in order, I can't WAIT! 

On a side note, last week we got some ADORABLE gifts from Nuggie's Great Aunt Jani all the way from Missouri.



Way too cute, those little jeans have suspenders...I love it!

Other than that, we are just trucking along and getting things done and enjoying our short time left of piece and quiet until this little guy gets here.  With that, I leave you my HUGE 35 week belly picture.  He is growing and my stomach certainly shows that!



******
How far along: 35 weeks
Total weight gain:  27 pounds as of my appointment this morning, sounds good to me :)  I'm very surprised I have continuted to stay within the normal range.
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Main symptoms: VERY tired, breathless, back hurting all day now, waddling and I started to feel major pressure in my lower stomach. The heartburn hasn't been too bad lately so I have been thankful for that. I get a lot of sharp pains in my lower stomach, almost like he is trying to kick himself out of my stomach.  I get swollen feet at times, but the past couple weeks it hasn't been too bad.  However, I have pain in my knuckles from them being swollen and I feel like an old arthritic lady.
Exercise: Ummmm, no.
Best moment: Knowing the end of pregnancy is near and I get to meet my little handsome mansome in a matter of 5 weeks!
Movement: All the time now, but he is mostly active at night....go figure. Now that he is getting bigger, his belly space is very limited so I feel all his movements now. He rolls around a lot, but I still haven't received any painful jabs yet (crossing fingers and knock on wood)
Food cravings: None yet, I still eat very normal. My problem is not having weird cravings, but I get very indecisive on what I want to eat these days.
Gender: He is a he
Labor signs: I get Braxton Hicks from time to time now and get crampy below my belly button.  I'm not looking forward to the real contractions.
Belly button in or out? I'm still winning this war, we are still in but it's getting very flat.
What I miss: Having all my energy! The simplest tasks are so exhausting anymore, I feel horrible about it. I can never keep up anymore! I miss being able to bend over too!
What I am looking forward to: Being done with being pregnant!
Milestones: We have upgraded to a new fruit for a while, we are now the size of a honeydew melon! I have now graduated to weekly appointments starting next week.  This means it's getting closer!!!!  I also go in for my Group B Strep test next week which I'm not looking forward to.  It's like an exam and that sucks! ;)  This boy is almost 5 1/2 pounds this week and should be 20 inches long. My stomach is measuring at 36, but my measurement ultrasound next week should tell how big this baby really is going to be.  The developing should be all complete now, this time now is just to grow some fat on his little body.

******

1 comment:

Jen said...

I see -- you're one of THOSE that barely looks pregnant even though you're about to pop in just a few short weeks. Geez, woman, you look amazing! Thus, I hate you. :)

So, the personalized gift I ordered for you finally arrived yesterday... and your last name is spelled wrong on it. Fantastic. She's changing it for me this weekend and sending out a new on on Monday, so hopefully I can get this gift turned around to you by next week's end! Here's hoping that it actually arrives before Nugs does. :)

Love you, friend! xoxoxox

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan