Slider

NT Scan A Success!

9.21.2010

Yesterday at my 12 week mark I went in for my NT Scan that tests for chromosomal abnormalities and Down Syndrome.  What basically happens is that they do an ultrasound for 45 minutes and take a finger prick of blood at the end.  It was awesome!  Here are some images of our little Nugget (please excuse the excessive post here, but it was pretty cool):


(right arm)


(looking right at you and looking like an alien child)

(ready to do some more flips)

(putting both arms up by face)



It was pretty darn amazing seeing it just flipping and flopping around in there like a little gymnast and I didn't even feel a thing. 

Doctor was able to find all the limbs, it had a full bladder already, but did have trouble finding the kidney's and such but he wasn't alarmed at all.  The only thing he was concerned with is that my placenta was sitting very low when they want to see it it more up in your stomach.  Usually this sort of thing corrects itself later on in pregnancy so I'm hoping this is the case for me.  Other than that, everything went great!!

******
How far along:  12w1d
Total weight gain: I have only gained 1 pound since my last appointment.
Maternity clothes: Last weekend I busted out the maternity jeans and it was pure bliss!  I still had to wear my BeBand as they were a tad too big, but it was so comfortable compared to squeezing into all my other pants like I currently do for work still. 
Main symptoms: None, I'm still tired but that is starting to wear off a little
Exercise:  I have started walking for 30 minutes on the treadmill 3x/week.  It certainly helps me sleep through the night but it's really hard to get motivated these days.
Best moment:  Seeing Nugget in all it's glory - it's quite the active little one (not sure if that will be good for later on)
Movement:  I see it, but I don't feel it.
Food cravings: Still eating fairly normal.  The craving for carbs have gone away and I wanted to eat refried beans not too long ago out of the blue.
Gender:  Still don't know, but at the NT Scan the heartbeat was on the fast side which he said tends to lead towards girls according to the stats. ;)
Labor signs: n/a
Belly button in or out? Still in and ring less, my belly button feels like a crater!
What I miss:  Nothing really bad yet.
What I am looking forward to:  Officially everyone knows now and it feels so good!  Other than that, life is good at the moment.
Weekly wisdom: n/a
Milestones: Nugget is the size of a small lime now!  And the doctor gave me the all clear today to stop my Prometrium which is AWESOME!

******


No comments:

Post a Comment


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan